Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mud, men & mangroves

We headed out to the mangroves near our place last week to snap some pics while we had a visiting granddad here from NZ.

On our previous visit we were unprepared for the amount of slippery mud, and as a result came away a bit worse for wear.  This time, I took bottles of warm water, lots of towels and changes of clothes - as you can see though, we needed none of those.

Here I was - all ready for muddy shots, and they didn't eventuate!



Then we headed to the proper mangroves.  Oh how I'd love to do a proper shoot there - maybe a trash the dress with a 'bride' and wedding dress - any volunteers?

My lovely father in law is a dab hand at B&W photography, so he showed me some of his tricks with these mangrove photos.  I might try some more black and whites now I have a little bit of an idea of what to do!




Mangroves B&W triptych.jpg


X Rhonda

No comments: